Since this years ADORE 2006 youth congress was held in Brisbane, I have had a great spiritually boost from meeting the alliance of the holy family and most especially Fr Edgardo Arellano. I was extremely privileged to go to such a great youth congress and to meet so many other young orthodox Catholics. Meeting all those young orthodox Catholics of Australia did wonders to my soul.
Many momentous occasions came from this congress, I’ll list a few:
1) For the first time in my life I put on a cassock and surplice
2) I meet Fr Jordan a really holy priest from up here
3) I learn in more depth about the Latin mass comuminty up here and was finally inspired to go to the Latin mass.
4) Being in a Eucharist procession through the streets of Brisbane.
5) Joining the youth movement of the Mary help of Christians crusade (MHCC)
I can out sum up with words of inspiring this event was to me. I also made friends with the Oblate Apostles of the two hearts (O.A.T.H.) a clerical order of brothers and priests.
I learnt so much from them on the liturgy and I finally perfected my basic serve so that I could move on the being thurifler and finally MC.
Here are just a few photos from the mass on Saturday during the congress.
Here is the entrance procession of the mass.
Here is a photo of the procession throught the streets of brisbane.This is the next day after the congress for a mass of thanksgiving at the Bowenhills church.