Monday, November 05, 2007

Pontifcal backstage

As all would have know, I traveled down to Sydney for the pontifical High mass said by the Cardinal. It was an awesome experience to serve for such a historic event. I was but a humble torch bearer, but still I got one of the best seats in the house, I got to sit (for most of the Mass) directly in front of the Cathedra !Here are the few photos I personally took of the servers before Mass.
Here everyone is going thought the trouble of finding an alb that fits them, along with an amice and cinture.
A few of the servers relax having found their vestments well before hand.
Here Is a nice shot of the sacristy walk way to the church

Here we have the Cross that was used as the metropolitan cross

Be sure to stay tuned for more posts from the trip.

1 comment:

Hound of Heaven said...

I have it on good authority that the crucifix that you described as "used as the metropolitan cross" IS in fact the metropolitan cross used for all Masses at which the Archbishop is celebrant at the Cathedral. I think it was first used for the visit of Pope Paul VI in 1970.