Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Corpus Christi with the Archbishop

The make shift altar

Building on from the previous post.

Later that day I quickly traveled to Indooroopilly for the big (traditional thankfully) Corpus Christi procession. As Summa Theologica might remember it rained that day. I was under cover so I was dry, can't say the same of Summa Theologica lol.


Here is the cross.


Here's me with the archbishop. Yes I know he's suppose to wear his purple choir cassock, but what can I do about it?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I just hope next corpus christi we have a proper processional cross and processional candles

Anonymous said...

He shouldn't be wearing his skull cap, either - out of respect for the Blessed Sacrament.

Anonymous said...

Never mind the black cassock but I can't believe he is wearing his zucchetto! No understanding of Eucharist!

Unknown said...

well it's nice to know that people take an intrest in such matters, (the zucchetto) But the most important thing is that the archbishop even agreed to do this procession. If you wish to complain about just the Zucchetto, i'd like to add that the archbishop covered our lord and was at the very back of the proccesion.

Anonymous said...

That is strange that Bathersby forgot to take his zucchetto off. He is usually pretty good about that stuff.

Personally, I think it would be better if we adopted the practice at Papal Masses where the MC takes the pope's zucchetto off for him. It certainly imposes a standardisation on different bishops - some who forget until the Sanctus!!